1. Aside from the adantage of instantaneous transmission of information, what other advantages do you see with this type of performance appraisal system on the internet?
2. What problems do you think Otis Elevator experienced once the 360-degree system was successfully implemented on the internet?
3. In the past, many human resource professionals have been almost obsessed with the forms or format used in performance appraisal systems. How is the internet application of 360-degree performance appraisal systems different from the old obsession with form of format?
4. What else is necessary to help ensure that a performance appraisal system will be successful? How would you determine if the system affects the firm's performance?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 6:32 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Aside from the advantage of instantaneous transmission of information, what other advantages do you see with this type of performance appraisal system on the internet?
The other advanatages of this type of performance appraisal system are:
? It allows for complete confidentiality for the appraisal. This is particularly important when the company is asking the subordinates, peers and customers of managers to appraise the managers.
? The other advantage is that a large 75-item survey can be completed within 20 minutes. This is extremely fast and advantageous.
? In addition, the Internet system allows for instanteously comparison with the pre decided performance standards.
? The Internet system also provides all the advantages of a computerized system, that is it allows for instant addition of weights to the criteria, online immediate rating of the criteria and immediate calculation of a composite performance score.
? This system provides consistency to the evaluation and to an extent attempts to eliminate inexact evaluations based on personal ...
This posting discusses online performance evaluation in Otis Elevators. There is a useful discussion about the applicability of this performance evaluation and the problems encountered.