Biology Quiz: Immunology
1. What is the term used to describe white blood cells migrating toward bacteria?
3. What's the most active and voracious white blood cell in the human body?
4. Name the process a cell such as a neutrophil or a macrophage uses to ingest (eat) its prey.
5. Many people are allergic to the droppings of dust mites, tiny creatures related to...
(a) "true bugs"
(c) fruit flies
6. What's a specific term for a bacterial or other foreign protein that initiates antibody production by the body?
(b) MHC II molecule
8. Which of these cell types can play a primary role in attacking and killing cancer cells?
(a) red blood cell
(b) cytotoxic T cell
(d) mast cell
9. What is the term applied to white blood cells squeezing between endothelial cells lining the blood vessel to reach the site of an infection?
10. What main characteristic of HIV makes the virus difficult to treat with a single drug?
(a) its ability to destroy drugs
(b) impenetrable capsule
(c) Its ability to mutate
This solution provides the best answers and explanations for the biology quiz on questions related to the topic of Immunology.