Research a contemporary artist from the Art 21 PBS website.
See the Resource List for this unit, for access to that website.
Make sure you include the following in your postings:
* Brief artist biography
* Discussion of the artist's overall "theme" or interests.
* Describe and evaluate one of the artist's works: title, material, size, year completed, subject matter, content, style.
* Discussion of the meaning of the work: What is the artist trying to say?
* Discussion of how the work of art reveals contemporary (current) concerns or interests.
* An image of the artwork you are describing.
When researching the internet for addition resources, use reliable/credible sites. Begin with sites suggested in the Course Materials Reference List for each unit. Retail sites and Wikipedia are not considered reliable resources. All writing must be in your own words. Do not cut and paste information from the website.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 1, 2020, 11:18 pm ad1c9bdddf
First, you might select Fred Wilson as your focal artist. In terms of his biography, you might add that he holds an Honorary Doctorate from Northwestern University and was awarded the Skowhegan Medal for Sculpture (http://www.pacewildenstein.com/Artists/ViewArtist.aspx?artist=FredWilson&type=Artist&guid=314b1b5d-57b0-492d-80d9-9e759ce49d8f). He is highly accredited in the field. He also earned a MacArthur Foundation Genius Grant, the National Endowment for the Arts awards, and the New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship in Sculpture (http://www.pacewildenstein.com/Artists/ViewArtist.aspx?artist=FredWilson&type=Artist&guid=314b1b5d-57b0-492d-80d9-9e759ce49d8f).
Examples of a contemporary artist from the Art 21 PBS website are noted.