Set up a variable that divides the teams into two groups, those that had a winning season and those that did not. There are 162 games in the season, so define a winning season as having won 81 or more games. Next, divide the teams into two salary groups. Let the 15 teams with the largest salaries be in one group and the 15 teams with the smallest salaries in the other. At the .05 significance level is there a relationship between salaries and winning?
Formulate a hypothesis statement regarding your research issue.
1. State the null hypothesis, state the alternate hypothesis
2. Select the significance level- 0.05 selected for this
3. Identify the test statistic
4. State the decision rule
5. Take a sample and arrive at a decision
Please include your raw data tables and the results of your computations using both graphical and tabular methods of displaying data and results.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 10:52 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution provides step by step method for the Nonparametric Hypothesis Testing . Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.
Nonparametric Testing in Megastat for Baseball Data
Non parametric Hypothesis Testing Questions:
Using the data from the Excel file (see attachment), conduct the equivalent, nonparametric test of hypothesis using the 5-step process.
Describing the results of the nonparametric hypothesis test. Be sure to include the following:
1. A clear and logical statement of your research question.
2. From your research question, formulate both a numerical and verbal hypothesis statement regarding your research issue.
3. Perform the five-step hypothesis test on the data.
4. Explain which nonparametric test you used to analyze your data and why you chose that test.
5. Interpret the results of your test,
6.Be sure to include your raw data tables and the results of the computations of your Z-test or t-test in your paper, using both graphical and tabular methods of displaying data and results.
Note: Methods of computation could include the usage of Excel®, or MegaStat.View Full Posting Details