For this assignment, I need assistance running a nonparametric test. Last week my team ran a two sample t-test and this week, using the same data set (baseball), we must run a comparable test (Mann-Whitney Test??). I am attaching the data set for your reference.
Please explain why you chose which ever nonparametric test you decide to use.
The research question considered by our team is 'Is there any difference in the batting average of American League and National League baseball? ' (does this need to be changed to suit the nonparametric test? Please notify me if so. I can alter the research question if needed.)
Please help me follow the five steps listed below.
1. State the null and alternative hypotheses (Formulate both a numerical and verbal hypothesis statement regarding your research issue.)
2. Select the level of significance.
3. Identify the proper test statistic.
4. State your decision rule (critical value and p value).
5. Make and explain your decision.
A Complete, Neat and Step-by-step Solution is provided in the attached file.
Parametric and non parametric
Label each with either P or NP for each example. Either Parametric or Nonparametric.
1. In a comparison of two towns, is the average height of its residents the same?
2. A manufacturer produces a batch of memory chips (RAM) and measures the mean-time-between-failures (MTBF). The manufacturer then changes a manufacturing process and produces another bath and again measures the MTBF. Did the change to the process improve the MTBF?
3. The average life span of a dog is proportional to the amount of calcium consumed?
4. The correlation between gene disorders and certain diseases.
5. From a written survey where the respondents were asked to rate an individual on a scale of 1 to 5, one group rated an individual a . 3.7, another group rated the individual a 4.3. Is the difference statistically significant?
6. A study of vehicle accidents on a military installation compared to drivers' rank.
7. Show that the numbers drawn in a state lottery are truly random.
8. There is a direct correlation to a student's grade and the student's rating of an instructor.
So each answer should be 'P' or 'NP'...View Full Posting Details