There are many nonparametric tests that have been developed over the years. Explain what nonparametric tests are and why they were developed. As part of your answer explain why it might be preferable to use a nonparametric test even when a parametric test could be used.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 2:15 am ad1c9bdddf
There are many nonparametric tests that have been developed over the years. Explain what nonparametric tests are and why they were developed. As part of your answer explain why it might be preferable to use a nonparametric test even when a parametric test could be used.
In statistics, the term non-parametric tests refers to distribution free methods which do not rely on assumptions that the data are drawn from a given probability distribution. As such it is the opposite of parametric tests that assume that the data arise from a certain pre-specified ...
Why and when should we use a nonparametric test even when a parametric is available?
Parametric and non parametric
Label each with either P or NP for each example. Either Parametric or Nonparametric.
1. In a comparison of two towns, is the average height of its residents the same?
2. A manufacturer produces a batch of memory chips (RAM) and measures the mean-time-between-failures (MTBF). The manufacturer then changes a manufacturing process and produces another bath and again measures the MTBF. Did the change to the process improve the MTBF?
3. The average life span of a dog is proportional to the amount of calcium consumed?
4. The correlation between gene disorders and certain diseases.
5. From a written survey where the respondents were asked to rate an individual on a scale of 1 to 5, one group rated an individual a . 3.7, another group rated the individual a 4.3. Is the difference statistically significant?
6. A study of vehicle accidents on a military installation compared to drivers' rank.
7. Show that the numbers drawn in a state lottery are truly random.
8. There is a direct correlation to a student's grade and the student's rating of an instructor.
So each answer should be 'P' or 'NP'...View Full Posting Details