Can you please help me with the issue of Value of Diversity in the Workplace?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 10:34 pm ad1c9bdddf
Let's consider information from various sources on your topic of diversity that you can draw on for your final copy. I also included an article at the end of this response and links to other articles to consider for structure and information.
Diversity has traditionally been considered a way to ensure nondiscrimination in the workplace, where decisions like hiring and promotions are not being influences by race, gender, religion, age or ethnicity. Diversity includes all individual differences: "Our controller needs to leave every day at 5 p.m. to pick up his baby at the baby sitter," he says. "That means meetings can't be held any time after 3:30 to accommodate his needs. That's something we consider to be diversity." (www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/article745488.ece) The value of embracing diversity is far reaching and beyond ensuring nondiscrimination, especially when organizations actively manage workplace diversity issues, as well as develop and implement diversity plans. This paper looks at the...
Now let's look at some information to consider for your paper.
Some reported benefits of diversity include:
1. Increased adaptability. Organizations employing a diverse workforce can supply a greater variety of solutions to problems in service, sourcing, and allocation of resources. Employees from diverse backgrounds bring individual talents and experiences in suggesting ideas that are flexible in adapting to fluctuating markets and customer demands.
2. Broader service range. "A diverse collection of skills and experiences (e.g. languages, cultural understanding) allows a company to provide service to customers on a global basis".
3. Variety of viewpoints. "A diverse workforce that feels comfortable communicating varying points of view provides a larger pool of ideas and experiences. The organization can draw from that pool to meet business strategy needs and the needs of customers more effectively."
4. More effective execution. "Companies that encourage diversity in the workplace inspire all of their employees to perform to their highest ability. Company-wide strategies can then be executed; resulting in higher productivity, profit, and return on investment" (www.helium.com/knowledge/188107-what-is-the-value-of-diversity-in-the-workplace)
Diversity is also reported as increasing morale, productivity, and quality.
5. Increases morale. "A workplace that lacks diversity can be a very intimidating place to someone that is not of the same religion, culture, race, or ethnicity. Being the only person who is different leads to issues in teamwork and cooperation. Maybe even more importantly is that customers and clients of the business will notice the lack of diversity and may feel uncomfortable doing business with the organization. Diversity in the workplace makes employees feel comfortable in contributing in their own unique way" (www.helium.com/knowledge/188107-what-is-the-value-of-diversity-in-the-workplace }, which boosts morale, and high morale is linked to greater productivity.
6. Increases creativity and productivity. Diversity allows employees to use their creativity to advance the company's objectives, because "things that one group of people may never have considered may come naturally to another group." (www.helium.com/items/1188839-why-is-diversity-important-and-what-is-its-value)
7. Increases quality. Diversity in the workplace may also lead to increased quality in the workplace. By trying new ideas and concepts more efficient processes may be created. New ways to improve products or services may develop. Important ...
The solution provides an insight on the value of diversity in the workplace. Resources are listed in the text for further exploration of the topic.