2) The current economic crisis in the United States is affecting a majority of the population. Discuss how the many factors such as layoffs, financial market failures and family stress are affecting you and others.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 5:26 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Of the three main social theories, I tend to favor the best job of explaining social problems as related to the works of Marx and C Wright Mills within Conflict Theory. To me, it is apparent that there are so many groups, both in America and globally, that exhibit competing self-interests, thus strongly and negatively affecting social structure and problems. Since competing groups seem to also possess unequal power, I see this theory as more relevant to explain blatant gaps in areas such as rich/poor, literate/illiterate, gender inequalities, black/white, immigrant/citizens, insured/uninsured, Democrats/Republicans, etc.
Because this theory also stresses ...
This solution helps justify the assertions that Marx's and C Wright Mills' Conflict Theories can be applied to today's economic crisis. This solution is approximately 400 words.
Conflict management contributes to understanding of current events
Select an article, or a series of articles, from one or more newspapers or magazines from the past three months, and think about how the study of conflict management contributes to your understanding of current events such as the one you have selected. Choose at least two authors from the topics you have studied in this course, and apply their theories to the selected current event. Remember to base your paper on the authors' theories and not your personal opinion.
Research is an integral part of learning, providing students with the means to "investigate, explain, defend and argue" an academic issue which applies to their field of interest. As you prepare your research paper, you and your team-members will want to be mindful of the following guidelines:
Your topic must be related to the course of study. You will have greater success if you select a topic that interests you and can be applied to your professional/personal life.
- Your paper should be formulated according to the APA style of documentation.
- You must cite the sources of all ideas, facts and information you use that are not your own, even if you have put the information into your own words. Failure to do so is plagiarism, even if the oversight is unintentional.
- Supporting your thesis is central to the task of writing a research paper. In scholarly writing, you are not merely copying information from another author, but using evidence to support the contentions and conclusions you have drawn from your findings and critical analysis of related literature.
- We recommend that you retain your research notes and rough notes so that, if a question arises as to the actual source and its location, you will be able to address that question in a timely manner. In addition, you should retain at least one duplicate copy of your final research paper, just in case the first copy becomes lost or misplaced.
Thank for help~View Full Posting Details