Need 350 words
• What is the definition of socioeconomic status? What factors are measured to determine SES?
• What does socioeconomic status mean to you? What do you perceive your status to be at this time? What was the status of your family when you were a child?
• How did this impact your educational experiences in elementary school, high school and beyond?
• How has this affected your career choices and goals?
• How did factors of ethnicity and gender enter into your experience and life choices?
• How does your experience compare to others in your family or in the neighborhood in which you grew up?
1. Socioeconomic Status (SES) - "Socioeconomic status is a measure of an individual's or family's economic and social position based on education, income, and occupation." (http://chicagohealth77.org/characteristics/socioeconomic/) So, to measure SES, a family/person's education, income, and occupation are considered.
2. What SES means to you - Your answer to this question will be based upon your personal experiences.
3. Educational Experiences - "Research indicates that children from low-SES households and communities develop academic skills more slowly compared to children from higher SES groups (Morgan, Farkas, Hillemeier, & Maczuga, 2009). Initial academic skills are ...
This solution will outline what socioeconomic status (SES) is, as well as factors that impact and result from it.