Analyze cross-cultural psychology:
- Provide an overview of the case study (case study on miscommunication in multicultural teams)
- Use the case study to provide a definition and an example of cultural and cross-cultural psychology.
- Analyze the relationship between cultural and cross-cultural psychology.
* 500 words for 5 credits
* NO References needed
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular tasked, you are being asked to present a case study overview so as to explore the meaning of cross cultural psychology. I suggest using this simple outline to complete this task:
1. About the case - 150 words
2. What it implies about CCP - 150 words
3. Culture & Cross-cultural Psychology - 200 words
This outline should cover what you need. Don't forget to add ideas and citations from the current class materials that you have to show to your Professor that you are drawing from them. You can also use the listed resources to further explore the topic. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Cross Cultural Psychology
Brooke & Morahan-Martin (2005) undertook an in-depth case study to explore therapeutic relationship from a cross-cultural perspective. To do this, they studied the case of Maria, a Puerto Rican woman whose symptoms include depression and suicidality. They write (Brooke & Morahan-Martin, 2005), "Maria, a 30-year-old woman from Puerto Rico and the mother of two boys, was hospitalized following a suicide attempt. She took an overdose of sleeping medication. For two months prior to the attempt, she had been seeking therapy for tiredness, loss of appetite, ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advice on the topic of doing a cross-cultural psychology case study. A sample study is suggested. Resources are also listed.