Provide an example of an article that illustrates the needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender populations as related to substance abuse and/or addiction. Briefly describe at least two intervention strategies that might be used with this population, given those needs. Provide specific examples and explain how each intervention might be applied.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 5:34 am ad1c9bdddf
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular problem, you are asking for help in locating an article that discusses homosexuality and addiction/substance abuse. There are a good number of available resources and I have chosen one that you can use. I have also listed additional resources that you can further explore to help you with the topic further. I suggest this outline:
1. Article Particulars
2. Summary of key points - what is the article about? Why is it relevant? 150 words
3. Intervention strategies applicable - provide 2, 100 words each
4. Application - Apply each intervention on a sample scenario - 150 words
This outline should yield around 600 words which should cover what you need. All the best with your studies!
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
- Authors: The UK Drug Policy Commission
- Title: Drugs & Diversity: Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities
- Particulars: from - The Impact of Drugs on Different Minority Groups: A Review of the UK Literature Part 2: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Communities (Official Report)
- Year: 2010
- URL: www.ukdpc.org.uk/reports/sh
The article is a briefing of the findings of the commission with regards to the impact of drugs on the minority group classified under the LGBT banner. The idea of the briefing is to present the long-term study of the commission to the 'differing needs and challenges' in ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) on the topic of intervention strategies in relation to the needs of the LGBT populations with issues of substance abuse/addiction. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.