Respond to the following:
1. Stress can be the root cause of psychological disorders. Name four symptoms shared by acute and post-traumatic stress disorders.
2. What life events are most likely to trigger a stress disorder?
3. Traumatic events do not always result in a diagnosable psychological disorder. What factors determine how a person may be affected by one such event?
4. What are the four stages in meeting the psychological needs of disaster victims?
5. What is the link between personality styles and heart disease?
6. List and briefly describe four psychological treatments for physical disorders.
1. Here are five: insomnia, hypersomnia, flashbacks, efforts to avoid thoughts or feelings, hypervigilance.
2. Any event where the "person experienced, witnessed, or was confronted with an event or events that involved actual or threatened death or serious injury, or a threat to the physical integrity of self or others" (DSM-IV-TR).
3. Factors that might contribute to how a person handles a particular trauma could be: ...
Provided is a complete and neat solution to questions regarding psychological and psycho physiological stress disorders. Answers include: symptoms shared by acute and post-traumatic stress disorders, life events that trigger stress disorders, impact of stress disorders, four stages in meeting the psychological needs of disaster victims, the link between personality styles and heart disease,, and four psychological treatments for physical disorders.