- Discuss the interventions for survivors of sexual abuse, including group counseling, for both adults and children
- What would you take into consideration when determining what type of counseling, individual or group.
- What types of interventions you would use with a client who is a sexual abuse survivor?
300 words or more with scholarly references© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 24, 2021, 11:22 pm ad1c9bdddf
(1) Can you discuss the interventions for survivors of sexual abuse, including group counseling, for both adults and children?
Adler posited that human beings create immediate and long-term goals that motivate behaviors and development. Based on his hypothesis, goals guide a person's movement into self-actualization and sometimes perfection. Both people and situations influence the development of goals and movements. Relative to children, according to Adler, goal formation begins early in life (ages 5 or 6). Thus, the Alderman approach emphasized these goals and/or motivations as a perfect foundation for group work. For instance, given his position of group counseling, the aim is not to create a change in personality, but to focus on immediate situations, and self-concept and motivations. Thus, behavioral change occurs due to the patterns of the group's goals.
(2) What would you take into consideration when determining what type of counseling, individual or group?
Research is presented that reveals statistics from the National Center for Victims of Crime (2007 as cited in Hansen, Kershaw, Kochman, & Sikkema, 2007)), girls are victimized at least three times more often than boys. The report further shows that one in four adolescent girls are victimized at least three times more than boys. Thus, based on the report one in four adolescent girls will experience ...
Discusses the interventions for survivors of sexual abuse and considerations behind which method would be best.