1. In the prospectus, proposal and dissertation there are ten key strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible. The 10 key strategic points emerge from researching literature on a topic which is based on or aligned with the learner's personal passion, future career purpose, and degree area. These points provide a guiding vision for the research. In this assignment, you will draft a document addressing the ten key strategic points that define your intended research focus and approach.
This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Download the template, "10 Key Strategic Points" in the attachments.
Use the template to draft statements for each of the 10 points for your intended research study.
My research topic is about how leadership and globalization are impacted by social media and to use said information in the practice of public / private administration sector and leadership.Please, let me know if you will be able to help me with that.
2. The reading, "Measurement of perceived organizational readiness for change and employees' attitudes toward change in the public sector" presents an application of qualitative research methodology. Discuss whether or not qualitative research methodology is appropriate to this study.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 24, 2018, 5:18 am ad1c9bdddf
A document outlining the 10 key strategic points includes the following that define the research focus and approach:
1. Topic - How leadership and globalization in the modern era are impacted by social media.
2. Purpose Statement - The purpose of this study will be do determine that various ways that social media is reshaping how professionals develop leadership skills in an increasingly global and competitive business environment.
3. Problem Statement - The problem is that the world is increasing technologically to the point that businesses and organizations are no longer tied to one geographical location. The world is truly open for business, and leaders today are finding themselves in the unique position of needing to be present on social media in order to adequately manage and organize their professional life moving forward.
4. Research Questions - What ways can leaders today make more effective use of social media in the modern and globally competitive world that find ourselves in?
5. Hypothesis/Variables or Phenomena -
i. Hypothesis - Social media is transforming the way in which leaders lead organizations and businesses that have a global presence.
ii. Null Hypothesis - Social media has a negligible and statistically insignificant impact on the way that leaders lead organizations and businesses that have a global presence.
6. Literature Review -
i. Background of the problem/gap - Social media is a fast growing and relatively new phenomenon that is sweeping the globe. Today, more people are likely to use social media than they are to read or send email. This means that a globally minded business, if they can effectively advertise on such sites, will be more visible than they would via any of the more traditional means typically associated with marketing (Hollensen 201). As with anything in business, however, the key is to make an effective of such a strategy, in addition to providing strong leadership. The world is increasingly competitive, further shrinking profit margins of many products, resulting in the need to maximize every marketing dollar spent. Given the rising affluence existent throughout the mega cities of the world, thousands of global businesses and organizations require modern leaders that can make use of such potential to market not only themselves, but the company as well. To say afloat, social media should be looked at a viable way of gaining new customers, both domestically and abroad, and it is the modern day leader who is chiefly responsible for making this happen. As a result, it is beneficial to examine current literature in this area to determine the possibility of using social media on a grand scale in order to promote stronger and more effective leadership, in addition to looking at both success stories and tales of failure in order to draw reliable conclusions that could provide useful to the effective incorporation of social media moving forward.
ii. Theoretical foundations (models and theories to be foundation for study) - The conceptual and theoretical frameworks for this study are drawn from a business management and marketing theory related to business processes, leadership, and the strategies necessary to effectively lead businesses, both large and small, in an increasingly global and competitive international marketplace (Anderson & Herr, 2009). Also, the framework includes research that correlates to better understanding various marketing methodologies behind making use of the growing social media phenomenon around the world to better market and position oneself in the modern age. The theoretical basis of the study is intended to provide conceptual evidence through research of the benefits of including social media in the leadership mix for such a global business entity, in an effort to attract a continual stream of new customers and increase productivity/revenue. The conceptual and theoretical foundation of this study will enable leaders in the business and marketing management to be more aware of how to use social media as a mechanism of reaching a new audience with leadership skills that can transform and position businesses for future eras.
iii. (c) Review of literature topics with key theme for each one - While most leading professionals today seem to recommend some level of social media presence to be an integral of any marketing mix for any modern global leader, it still takes time and effort to incorporate such a plan effectively. This begins with understanding the various ...