One approach to help with an assignment like this is to identify the strengths and weaknesses for each measure, which you can then write in paragraph form for your 200 word response. This is the approach this response takes.
Each of the three personality measures have strengths and weaknesses: the interview, observation, and objective and . projective tests. A useful personality measure must be both valid (i.e., actually measures what it claims to measure) and reliable (i.e., internally consistent or give consistent results over time) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_testing).
A. The interview
Interviews: A measure designed to predict future behavior on the basis of applicants' oral responses to oral inquiries.
· Useful for determining if the person has requisite communicative or social skills which may be necessary for the job
· Interviewer can obtain supplementary information
· Used to appraise perons' verbal fluency
· can assess the persons general and specific knowledge
· For hiring job applicants, it can be used for selection among equally qualified applicants
· Allows the applicant to ask questions that may reveal additional information useful for making clinical decision
· The interview may be modified as needed to gather important information
· Subjective evaluations are made
· Decisions tend to be made within the first few minutes of ...
Compares and contrasts the strengths and weaknesses of the various measures of personality measurement: the interview, observation, and objective and projective tests.