Not what you're looking for?
* Evaluate different performance appraisal methods that might be applied in the field of child psychology
* Explain the various benefits and vulnerabilities of each performance appraisal method
-400 words for 4 credits
Purchase this Solution
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) on the topic of performance appraisals (as it applies to child psychology as a professional field). Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular task, you are asking for help in identifying performance appraisal methods that can be used in the field. As I see it, the 'performance appraisal' has to do with the performance of experts in the field, either as a practitioner or a researcher. As such, the information provided here deals with that. I suggest using this simple outline:
1. The Appraisal Methods - 200 words
2. Benefits and Vulnerabilites - 200 words
What you should provide is a simple narrative. You can use the listed resources to further explore the topic. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
In management and human resources, performance appraisals are commonplace as it allows for those in a particular position and role to be documented (in terms of performance) and evaluated. According to Lussier & Hendon (2013) performance appraisal is, "the ongoing process of evaluating employee performance. Performance appraisals are reviews of employee performance over time." They consider it as part of performance management, where performance management is defined as, and "the process of identifying, measuring, managing, and developing the performance of the human resources in an ...
- MPhil/PhD (IP), Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- MA, Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- Certificate, Geva Ulpan (via Universita Tel Aviv)
- BA, University of the Philippines
- "Thank you!:)"
- "Excellent, thank you!:)"
- "Thank you for your timely help. I have submitted another posting (656038) and assigned it directly to you. Please help."
- "Thank you so much for your timely help. Much appreciated."
- "Thanks so much for your support."
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This is a small quiz to help determine if a loved one is suicidal and what steps should be taken to help stop suicide.
This quiz is designed to test one's knowledge on childhood Principle Disorders found in the DSM-IV (1994). This is a good quiz for those who wish to pursue a career in child assessment or child development. Good luck.
This quiz addresses controversies in developmental psychology.
This quiz will test student's understanding of concepts relating to personality psychology.
An introduction to an emerging branch of Psychology-Emotional Intelligence.