For my term paper assignment I am to create programs that will help middle childhood students who have problems learning at school, getting along with others, trouble makers, etc. these students were raised by their father from the age of one yr. old.
Second scenario is children raised by their Mother since the age of one yr. old.
same type problems.
Any suggestions?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 25, 2018, 3:02 pm ad1c9bdddf
The intervention you choose will depend on what it is you want to improve, as well as what you think is causing the problem. There are several issues relating to single parent homes that could lead to problems in middle childhood. For example:
1. low income could lead to poverty; the child doesn't get breakfast and can't pay attention in school because he/she is hungry.
2. single working parent doesn't have time to spend with child; child acts out at school for attention.
3. child doesn't have an adequate role model (male/female depending on which parent is raising child); engages in
inappropriate behaviour due to this (e.g. bullying).
4. parent is stressed making ends meet financially;high stress levels have negative effect on child's academic and social skills.
5. parent lacks strong parenting skills; poor parenting skills have negative effect on child's academic and social skills.
You can imagine that these issues would lead to very different interventions. Let's think about those.
With Issue 1, the problem is that the child is hungry and this is interfering with his ability to ...
Some program interventions to help middle childhood students raised by single parents are proposed.