Mrs. Washington is conducting her weekly group counselling session for single young adults. Karen, a lonely young professional woman, talks about feeling abandoned by her boyfriend. The other group members listen patiently and respond empathically. The counsellor allows Karen to talk at length, sensing Karen's need to express herself and noting the group's willingness to support her. Mrs. Washington reflects Karen's feeling with concern and sensitivity.
1) What would social learning theorists predict about group behaviour in the next session?
2) Describe how Multidimensional or Systems Views could be applied to solutions for Karen's developmental concerns.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:50 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) Social learning theorists would predict that the group would behave in the same empathetic and patient manner in which they behaved during the initial counselling session, due to the fact that each group member would observe that the other group members continuously behaved in this manner. In addition, the group members would tend to imitate those that they ...
Clinical Mental Health Counselor Interview
I need a Licensed Mental health Counselor to assist me with these questions. I have called a bunch of counselors to get an interview and no one seem to be available. This has to be answered by a licensed mental health counselor, not a social worker or psychologist. The person's name needs to be attached so I can use it for interview purposes. The questions are:
- Please describe your education and training to become a licensed counselor
- What licensure and other professional credentials do you have? Professional memberships?
- What drew you to the mental health counseling profession?
- What client populations do you serve as a counselor?
- What do you like most about your day-to-day professional life? What do you like the least?
- How do managed care policies impact your work?
- What advocacy activities do you engage in?
Thank you.View Full Posting Details