Integrate what you observed and learned from the script "I Want to Want to," and the attached file(apa resources):
- how factors such as onset, course, outcome, and degree of incapacitation of an illness may create differing stresses relating to the family's stage of life-cycle development?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:00 am ad1c9bdddf
(1) How factors such as onset, course, outcome, and degree of incapacitation of an illness may create differing stresses relating to the family's stage of life-cycle development
Researchers suggest that potential psychosocial problems including functions related to health and illnesses develop across the lifespan (Santrock, 2006). According to Santrock, health-related illness is linked to a decline in physical functioning such as: (a) heart disease, (b) cancer or other ailments (e.g., stroke), (c) chronic lung disease, and (d) other physical ailments (p. 570). According to Berg & Upchurch (2007), the onset of a chronic illness or physical ailment can be a significant period of distress and adjustment. Additionally, as they point out, coping with an illness presents different challenges at various times across the life span that includes: (1) dealing with the illness, and (2) interacting with others.
More specific to the, "I want to want to" case, the patient is dealing with a physical ailment in which he lacks coping skills. He indicates that he wants to be able do things, but is also experiencing stress because of limitations ...
This solution discussing clinical interventions facing illnesses and loss.
Counseling Intervention Evaluation
Can you locate and review at least six sources (peer-reviewed journal articles, books, or treatment manuals) and complete the following:
-Identify the clinical procedures you will use in your program evaluation study.
-Explain the theoretical foundation of the intervention program.
-Explain the type of sessions (such as individual, group, couples, family).
-Explain the length of the sessions.
-Explain the proposed use of specific clinical interventions.
-Explain the use of specific therapeutic materials (handouts, worksheets, and so forth).
-Identify any ethical, legal, multicultural, practical, or research concerns associated with the clinical intervention.
-At the beginning of your post, be sure you provide the following information:
• Population (Adolescents)
• Clinical area of concern (substance abuse among adolescents)
• Clinical intervention proposed. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Quantitative: Is there a relationship between health risk sexual behavior and substance abuse among adolescents?
• Qualitative: Does health-risk sexual behaviors influence substance abuse among adolescents?