1) The question that I have is how a positive reinforcement going to teach the child or person not to repeat the wrong behavior. Or I am I wrong in my thinking that a positive reinforcement is going to teach the child or person not to repeat the wrong behavior?
2) Is it true that the negative reinforcement is going to teach the child or person not to repeat the wrong behavior? Why or Why not
3) What is the difference between a positive reinforcement and a negative reinforcement?
4). What is the best way to remember the difference between the positive and negative reinforcement.
5) Can a positive reinforcement be used to create a better mental health for the individual? Why or Why not
Use scholarly sources to support your answers and provide examples to help support your response. Cite your sources using APA format© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 19, 2018, 5:22 pm ad1c9bdddf
Positive and Negative Reinforcements
1. Positive Reinforcement teaches the child or person not to repeat the wrong behavior. For example, the child talks during reading time. Every time the child talks less than 3 times, teacher gives positive reinforcement -"great job , Suzy for paying attention and not talking during reading time." This is positive reinforcement is given over a long period of time and gradually , teacher decreases the frequency from every time the child talks to less then 2 times, then 1 time then not at all.
2. Negative reinforcement also teaches the child or person not to repeat the wrong behavior. However, the result may not always be the complete desired outcome. For ...
How does positive and negative reinforcement improve behavior and mental health is determined.