Given that documentation is an important skill for a forensic psychology professional working within the courts, you will be asked to write a report for this week's Application Assignment. To complete this assignment, you will extract the factual material presented in the "Case Study Facts: Week 4" handout, provided in this week's Learning Resources, and convert it to a formal report.
As for writing the report, there are different ways to do so based on your style of writing, personal preference, statutory mandates, and/or institutional requirements. This week's Learning Resources provide many different examples of reports that address a variety of court referral questions. Be sure to use these as guides in completing your forensic evaluation report writing in this Application Assignment.
Describe the type of report that you used as a model for your report and explain why you selected it.
Write a report using the information from the "Case Study Facts: Week 4" handout using guidelines from this week's Learning Resources.
Explain any ethical considerations that you took into account and why they were taken into account.
Explain any insights or conclusions you had as a result of writing the report.
Be specific and support your response with references to the literature.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular task, you are asking for help in putting together a forensic evaluation report with a reflective element. There are many ways in which your report can be written, but since this is an introductory coursework, I suggest using the standard and concise version (see here for a sample - http://www.msresource.com/format.html). Based on this, I suggest using this simple outline:
1. Sample Report - 200 words
2. Reflection (ethics, report type selection, etc.) - 150 words
This outline should yield around 350 words, which should cover what you need. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. You can also use the listed resources to further explore the topic. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Forensic Evaluation Report Exercise
- Facility: Youth Detention Center Hometown X
- Subject: Boy, 11 years old
- Name: See Court Documents, in the report referred to as Boy X
- Case Number: 001
- Admission Date: 29.03.2015
- Dates of Evaluation: 29.03.2015, 30.03.2015
- Date of Report: 30.03.2014
Purpose of Evaluation
- Overview: The purpose of this evaluation is to determine the psychological state of Boy X, who robbed a bank with a handgun in his hometown. He rode bicycle to and from bank and was soon picked up by local police after the robbery while on his bicycle. This evaluation is in conjunction with the tenets prescribed in Title 18, U.S.C., Section 5032 and 5037(d) in relation to present intellectual abilities and psychological maturity of a defendant, particularly a juvenile/youth offender.
- Subject Particulars: Boy X is 11 and is being held at Hometown X Detention Center where a series of ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise for putting together a psychological evaluation report based on an exemplified case. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Forensic Evaluations in Civil Court
There are various types of forensic psychology evaluations that are helpful in issues germane to the civil courts. Some issues relevant to civil court proceedings include child custody issues, issues assessed by independent medical examinations (IMEs), competency issues of all types (i.e., competency to handle one's financial affairs, competency to execute a will, etc.), and issues centered around civil commitment. In this Application you explore types of evaluations utilized in civil court proceedings, as well as the different reasons why and methods by which forensic psychology evaluations are performed.
Compare (similarities and differences) the three civil forensic psychology evaluations you selected.
Then explain when you would use each evaluation and why.
Finally, explain what insights you had or conclusions you drew based on your comparison.