I'm not looking for a ready to submit assignment. I am looking for original researched work that I can continue to develop. The assignment requires in-text citation and references, so that can help too. I an including the entire assignment but I only need help with part A (Give a description of Erikson's theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above).
Thank you so much for helping me ;-)
Your group has been hired by an advertising firm that is developing a series of commercials for family-oriented products geared toward the entire family. They want to develop a series of commercials that will target family members at various life stages. Your group needs to thoroughly describe Erikson's theory of Psychosocial development. In your description of each stage, identify and analyze a television, movie, or literary character for each stage of the theory. Discuss how that character typifies the stage and how the character is resolving the conflict. The marketing firm will use this information as they develop commercials targeting each developmental stage. Finally, provide a review of three recent studies relating to Erikson's theory of development from the list below.
The advertising firm has requested that you submit a 4 to 5 page report summarizing your research in this area. Therefore, your group should submit one combined Word document that conforms to the following directions:
A· Give a description of Erikson's theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above.
B· Identify a character at each stage.
C· Choose three of the following studies found in the Library article search engine Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection.
D· For each one you choose, describe the study and discuss how it supports or does not support the information you have written in your report about Erikson. Specifically:
o Which particular aspects of the theory does the study examine?
o Do the experimental or discussion results strengthen or weaken the theory and you ideas? Why?
o Do you agree or disagree with the conclusions? Why or why not?
The following articles can be found using the Academic Search Premier Collection database, available on the Find Articles and Books page of the library.
· Reexamining Gender Issues in Erikson's Stages of Identity and Intimacy by Horst, Elisabeth A.
· Individuation and Attachment in Personality Development: Extending Erikson's Theory by Franz, Carol E.; White, Kathleen M.
· Egocentrism in Older Adults: Piaget's Three Mountains Task Revisited by McDonald, Lorraine; Stuart-Hamilton, Ian.
· Piaget on Childhood by Siegler, Robert S.; Ellis, Shari.
· Vygotsky and Identity Formation: A Sociocultural Approach by Penuel, William R.; Wertsch, James V.
· Attachment, Social Rank, and Affect Regulation: Speculations on an Ethological Approach to Family Interaction by Sloman, Leon; Atkinson, Leslie; Milligan, Karen; Liotti, Giovanni.
· An Ethological Perspective by Stevenson-Hinde, Joan.
· Integrating Biological, Behavioral, and Social Levels of Analysis in Early Child Development: Progress, Problems, and Prospects by Granger, Douglas A.; Kivlighan, Katie T.
· Nonshared Environmental Influences on Individual Differences in Early Behavioral Development: A Monozygotic Twin Differences Study by Asbury, Kathryn; Dunn, Judith F.; Pike, Alison; Plomin, Robert.
· The Home Environments of Children in the United States Part II: Relations with Behavioral Development through Age Thirteen by Bradley, Robert H.; Corwyn, Robert F.; Burchinal, Margaret; McAdoo, Harriette Pipes; Garcia Coll, Cynthia.
· Relationships Among Paternal Involvement and Young Children's Perceived Self-Competence and Behavioral Problems by Culp, Rex E.; Schadle, Stephanie; Robinson, Linda; Culp, Anne M.
As with all assignments in which you are referring to someone else's writing, cite any sources used and format them according to the requirements of the APA style guide. This formatting includes, but is not limited to, the following guidelines:
· Point-of-View - third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative
· In-text citations
· References list© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 15, 2022, 8:05 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. I'm pasting here the entire assignment but I only need help with Part A (Give a description of Erikson's theory, including the stages of development using the criteria listed above).
Section A is describing Erikson's theory and section B is choosing a character for each stage, which I am assuming you have already completed, since you want help with only section A.
So, let's look at the theory and some suggested characters that follow, such as the Titanic, which has characters for the later stages. You will need to use your examples for each stage and perhaps give an example of how the character is displaying the characteristics in the Erikson's model. For the younger stages, television programs, such as the Simpsons or another television program for the younger groups. I also attached an extra resource on Erikson.
I will provide illustrative examples of movie and television characters. The information for the characters come from the following links:
? Movie, the Deceiver child character, at http://www.casablancavideo.com.ar/movies/farsante/.
? The Simpson's click http://tim.rawle.org/simpsons/cha_ah.htm or http://www.worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/characters.html and http://www.area51newmexico.com/simpsons/simpsons_characters.html
? The television series Roseanne click http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094540/ .
? For examples of children. See the soap opera General Hospital children at http://www.childrenofsalem.com/days/soapkids/gh/ghkids11.html#talamo .
According to Erikson's psychosocial crisis' stages model, at each stage people experience a conflict that serves as a turning point in development of the ego. These conflicts either develop a psychological quality or fail to develop that quality depending on the environment (Van Wegner, 2009).These are the qualities that a marketing and advertising of products wants to tap in order to align their product with the psychological needs of the target group. According to the theory, during these stages, the potential for personal growth is high, but so is the potential for failure. (Van Wegner, 2009).
(1) Psychosocial Stage 1 - Trust vs. Mistrust
The first stage of Erikson's theory between birth and one year of age and is the most fundamental stage in life (Erikson, 1963). Because an infant is dependent, trust is developed based on the dependability and quality of the child's caregivers. When the child successfully develops trust, she or he feels safe and secure in the world. On the other hand, caregivers that are instead inconsistent, emotionally unavailable, or rejecting contribute to feelings of mistrust in the child. According to Erikson, failure to develop trust will result in the child developing fear and a belief that the world is inconsistent and unpredictable (Van Wegner, 2009).
Illustrative Example: Simpsons
E.g., Maggie gets attention like an infant through learning to trust her parents to get her needs met and then gives gestures in return to let the caregiver know that they are happy. She sucks her soother. Like infants do, Maggie is learning to trust that herr needs will be met through her parents. She develops trust vs. mistrust in this stage.
How could you use this example, to market products to this age group?
(2) Psychosocial Stage 2 - Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt ...
This solution provides a description of Erikson's theory and the stages of development, as well as identifies and discusses a character at each stage. APA referencing.