Hi, I need some assistance with the following questions:
1. "Energy can be converted to one form or another, but cannot be created or destroyed." This the theory of:
- Electromagnetic radiation
- Quantum numbers
2. Generally, ionization tends to decrease as you move toward the _____ on the periodic table.
- Outer edges
3. Of the electrons orbits listed below, which would be filled first?
4. According to the first law of thermodynamics:
- Energy is neither lost nor gained in any energy transformations.
- Perpetual motion is possible.
- Energy is conserved in quantity, but not in quality.
- Energy is being created as time passes. We have more energy in the universe now than when time began.
5. An example molecule which demonstrates an incomplete octet is
Hello and thank you for posting your question to Brainmass
The first law of thermodynamics states that the total energy must be conserved. However, the type of energy can change between general energy (internal kinetic energy of gas, electric energy etc) and heat and work.
The answer is therefore Thermodynamics.
Ionization is the possibility of removing an electron ...
This solution provides reasoning for each of the five chemistry questions proposed so that a student is able to grasp what the correct answer is in each case. This solution is very detailed and understandable.