Name the four families of hydrocarbons.
2. Hexyne is a hydrocarbon containing _____ carbons and a __________ bond.
3. Cyclobutene is a hydrocarbon containing _____ carbons, a ______ and a ______ bond.
4. Alcohols contain an ________ group.
5. A compound containing 5 carbons and a fluorine would be named _______________.
6. Amines and amides both contain the element _______________
7. The reaction shown below is a ____________________ type reaction.
CH3CH3 + Br2 -----> CH3CH2Br + HBr
8. The reaction shown below is a ____________________ type reaction.
CH2=CH2 + H2 -----> CH3CH3
9. Name the four main classes of biochemicals.
10. Blood sugar is a sugar chemically known as _______________
11. The carbohydrate found in bread which serves as a source of glucose is called
____________ and is a member of the family of sugars called _____________
because it contains many monosaccharide molecules.
12. There are _____ different amino acids which are the monomer molecules used to
construct the polymer molecules called ________________ from which all muscle
tissue is made.
13. There are approximately _______________ different proteins in the human body.
14. Name four classes of lipids.
15. The two kinds of nucleic acids are __________ and __________
27Al13 + ? → 30P15 + 1n0
sorry need these 3 things too. to amke sure they are all right.
2. BALANCE THE FOLLOWING EQUATIONS:
Al(OH)3 + HNO3 → Al(NO3)3 + H2O
LiAl(OH)4 + H2O → LiOH + Al(OH)3 + H2O
Ca + H3PO4 → Ca3(PO4)2 + H2© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:10 am ad1c9bdddf
This solution comprised of some important fill in the blank questions related to basic chemistry.
Various Basic Chemistry Problems - Mole, Mass and other Calculations
1) When a mole of C2H4 is combusted it reacts with 3 moles of O2 to produce CO2 and H2O. How many moles of CO2 and how many moles of H2O are produced?
2) What is the mass in grams of 4.25 moles of Mg (NO3)2?
3) The overall reaction producing iron from an ore in a blast furnace is:
Fe2O3 + 3CO --> 2Fe + 3CO2
How many grams of Fe are produced when 275g of Fe2O3 react?
4) Using the bond energy table on page 190 of the text, determine the value of DH for the following reaction:
2F-F + O=O --> 2F-O-F
5) Giving reasons for your answers characterize the following compounds as saturated, or unsaturated, or incapable of existence.
A. CH2 B. C10H22 C. C2H2 D. C2H8 E. C 3H6
6) Determine the empirical formula of the compound that is 87.42% N and 12.58% H by weight.
7) What monomer can be used in an addition polymerization to produce the Polymer Teflon that has a repeating structure as follows:
8) What is the molality of 225g of C6H12O6 in 505 g of H2O?
9) What is the freezing temperature of the solution in question 8?
10) How many joules of energy are needed to raise the temperature of 325.0g of water from 20.0oC to 95.0oC. The specific heat of water is 4.184J/g-oC.View Full Posting Details