Name the four families of hydrocarbons.
2. Hexyne is a hydrocarbon containing _____ carbons and a __________ bond.
3. Cyclobutene is a hydrocarbon containing _____ carbons, a ______ and a ______ bond.
4. Alcohols contain an ________ group.
5. A compound containing 5 carbons and a fluorine would be named _______________.
6. Amines and amides both contain the element _______________
7. The reaction shown below is a ____________________ type reaction.
CH3CH3 + Br2 -----> CH3CH2Br + HBr
8. The reaction shown below is a ____________________ type reaction.
CH2=CH2 + H2 -----> CH3CH3
9. Name the four main classes of biochemicals.
10. Blood sugar is a sugar chemically known as _______________
11. The carbohydrate found in bread which serves as a source of glucose is called
____________ and is a member of the family of sugars called _____________
because it contains many monosaccharide molecules.
12. There are _____ different amino acids which are the monomer molecules used to
construct the polymer molecules called ________________ from which all muscle
tissue is made.
13. There are approximately _______________ different proteins in the human body.
14. Name four classes of lipids.
15. The two kinds of nucleic acids are __________ and __________
27Al13 + ? → 30P15 + 1n0
sorry need these 3 things too. to amke sure they are all right.
2. BALANCE THE FOLLOWING EQUATIONS:
Al(OH)3 + HNO3 → Al(NO3)3 + H2O
LiAl(OH)4 + H2O → LiOH + Al(OH)3 + H2O
Ca + H3PO4 → Ca3(PO4)2 + H2
This solution comprised of some important fill in the blank questions related to basic chemistry.