1. During the later portion of the swing phase of a walking stride the knee is extended from 35 degrees (initial) to 10 degrees (final) over a time period of 0.1 seconds. What was the angular velocity?
3. What would be the angular speed of a diver who completed 5 ½ revolutions (i.e., angular distance) in 2s? Convert this speed to degrees/s, and rad/s.
4. Number of degrees and revolutions in 1.4 radians.
5. Number of radians in 80 degrees.
6. Determine the linear distance (along the arc) that an object 1.3m from the axis of rotation spans in 56 degrees.
8. The moment of inertia about the center of mass of an 60 kg object is 1.4 kgm^2. If the moment of inertia about the object's proximal end is 40 kgm^2, what is the distance between the proximal end and the center of mass?
9. A gymnast takes off with an angular momentum of 60 kgm^2/s. What will be her angular velocity during a somersault, if her moment of inertia in the tucked position is 5 kgm^2. Be careful with the units.
10. If a person pushed on a door with a force of 500 N and a moment arm of 0.75 meter, what would be the moment (torque)?
11. A force is applied to a lever 15cm from the axis of rotation. What happens to the moment (torque) created if the same force is moved closer to the axis and applied a distance of say 5 cm from the axis?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 24, 2018, 7:23 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/physics/angular-momentum/sample-questions-are-demonstrated-230312
The solution examines the swing phase of a walking stride. The number of degrees and revolution in 1.4 radians.