The following statements concern the expressive and directive functions of language. Choose answer (a) or (b).
A. Criticism is properly the rod of divination: a hazel switch for the discovery of buried treasure, not a birch twig for the castigation of offenders.
1. Expressive: (a) a positive attitude towards criticism (b) a positive attitude towards the castigation of offenders.
2. Directive: (a) Do not seek the treasure. (b) Engage in criticism.
3. Expressive: (a) a positive attitude towards philosophy (b) a positive attitude towards depth in philosophy.
4. Directive: (a) Study philosophy. (b) Study philosophy in depth.
C. Man scans with scrupulous care the character and pedigree of his horses, cattle, and dogs before he matches them; but when he comes to his own marriage he rarely, or never, takes any such care.
5. Expressive: (a) a negative attitude towards the care man takes in choosing his mate (b) a negative attitude towards the care man takes in matching his animals.
6. Directive: (a) Take more care in choosing your mate. (b) Take more care in matching your animals.
D. I have tried sedulously not to laugh at the acts of man, nor to lament them, nor to detest them, but to understand them.
7. Expressive: (a) a positive attitude towards the acts of men (b) a negative attitude towards the acts of men.
8. Directive: (a) Laugh at, lament, or detest the acts of men. (b) Try to understand the acts of men.
E. If there were a nation of gods they would be governed democratically, but so perfect a form of government is not suitable to men.
9. Expressive: (a) a positive attitude towards democracy (b) a negative attitude towards democracy.
10. Directive: (a) Govern yourselves democratically. (b) Do not govern yourselves democratically.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:06 pm ad1c9bdddf
Nursing conceptual models
Select a client concern and then analyze that concern using the approaches of three nursing conceptual models. My paper needs to be between 2,100 to 2,450 words the cover and references pages are not included in the word count.
The three nursing models that I would like to utilize are: Imogene King, Betty Neuman, and Sister Callista Roy. My client concern is Ageing.
1. Describe a client concern that is relevant to nursing
2. Describe three approaches to the concern using three nursing conceptual models
3. Suggest approaches that are congruent with the nursing models chosen
4. Describe the implications of using the nursing models selected in practice
5. Describe at least 3 benefits gained from examining practice concerns using a nursing model
At least 10 professional references, including no more than 2 web sites, are used to develop paper; therefore, can you provide the full references and I can then go to the library to research further.
Thank you for your guidance!!View Full Posting Details