Is integer values a general property of Linear Programming problems? Explain why rounding or truncating non-integer values for the solutions is not an appropriate method for obtaining integer solutions.
1. IntegerProgramming Problem
Consider the following integer linear programming problem
x1,x2>=0 and integer
The solution to the Linear programming relaxation is: x1 = 5.714, x2= 2.571.
What is the Z value for the optimal solution under integer
Explain the characteristics of integerprogramming problems.
Give specific instances in which you would use an integerprogramming model rather than an LP model. Provide real-world examples.
Explain how the applications of Integerprogramming differ from those of linear programming.
Why is "rounding-down" an LP solutio
True or False
1. The 3 types of integerprogrammingmodels are total, 0 - 1, and mixed.
2. In a mixed integer model, all decision variables have integer solution values.
3. A rounded-down integer solution can result in a more than optimal solution to an integerprogramming problem.
4. If we are solving a 0-1 i
1) Consider the following all-integer linear program
Max 5X1 + 8X2
s.t. 6X1 + 5X2 <= 30
9X1 + 4X2 <= 36
1X1 + 2X2 <= 10
a) Find the optimal solution to the Relaxation LP.
b) Find the optimal solution to the All-inte
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems
New Offices at Atlantic Management Systems
Eliminate Denver in table when solving this problem. See attachment for problem.
1. Formulate and solve an integerprogramming model to help Atlantic Systems determine how many new offices it should open where the
The Texas Consolidated Electronics Company is contemplating a research and development program encompassing eight research projects. The company is constrained from embarking on all projects by the number of available management scientists (40) and the budget available for R&D projects ($300,000). Further, if project 2 is select