Please see the attachment.
Problems 1-3 (also attached):
Acme Inc. has just purchased new computers for $60,000. Suppose that in 8 years the computers will have a salvage value of $8,000. The college plans to depreciate the value of the computers linearly over the 8 years.
1. Based on the above information, value (y) is a function of time (x). Compute the values of m and b that satisfy the equation y = mx + b.
a) Find m.
b) Find b.
2. What will the value of the computers be 5 years from now?
3. In the context of this problem, which of the following best describes the meaning of the slope?
(a) The accumulated depreciation
(b) The depreciation per year
(c) The value of the computers at the end of a given year
(d) The purchase price
Word Problemson basic statistics and finite math
1. A large aquarium at an exhibit is 20 ft long, 10 ft wide, and 6 ft high. What is its volume of the aquarium?
2. Evaluate the following : 33 lb/ft x 6.5 ft
3. One side of an equilateral triangle is 5/8 in. What is the perimeter of the triangle?
4. What is the perimeter of a semi-circle (half of a circle) with a 6.5 in radius?
5. Is it better to buy 6 pounds of molasses for $12.30 or is it better to buy 4.4 pounds of molasses for $8.36? Explain.
6. Jim was given a $3,600 loan, which charged a simple interest rate of 12.5% annually. If Jim pays off the loan in 6 months with no prepayment penalties and the annual interest is prorated, how much interest does Jim spend?
7. A vertical pole casts a shadow that is 12 ft. At the same time a yardstick casts a shadow that is 4 ft. How tall is the pole?
8. The following high temperatures were recorded for the first week of the year in the port town of Slugport: 73o F, 68o F, 88o F, 65o F, 60o F, 57o F, 65o F.
(a) Find the mean high temperature for the first week of the year in Slugport.
(b) Find the median high temperature for the first week of the year in Slugport.
(c) Find the range of high temperatures for the first week of the year in Slugport.
(d) Find the mode of the recorded high temperatures for the first week of the year in Slugport.
(e) What would be the range of the temperatures if the lowest recorded high temperature in Slugport was 49o F during the first week of the year?
9. Perform the indicated operation :
|7 - 10| - |12 - 10|
7 - 12 ÷ 2
10. An artist uses 5 pt 7 fl oz of paint for a background color on a large painting. The artist then uses 1 pt 5 fl oz of the same paint. How much of the paint remains for the background color if the artist began with 5 quarts?View Full Posting Details