Please see attached file for full problem description.
Problems #'s 18, 38, 44, 50 these I need help completing
Add. Write all answers in lowest terms.
18. 13/18 + 11/18
Evaluate each of the following. Write all answers in lowest terms.
38. 9/11 - 3/11
44. Number problem. One task took 7 minutes (min), a second task took 12 min, and a third task took 21 min. How long did the three tasks take, as a fraction of an hour?
Find the least common multiple (LCM) for each of the following groups of numbers. Use whichever method you wish.
22. 12, 20, and 35
36. 1/3 + 5/12 + 4/5
44. 13/15 - 11/20
Benjamin and Olivia are putting a new floor in their kitchen. To get the floor up to the desired height, they need to add 1 1/8 ft of subfloor. They can do this in one of two ways. They can put 1/2 -in. sheet on top of 5/8-in. board (note that the total would be 9/8 ft or 1 1/8 ft). They could also put 3/8-in. board on top of 3/4 -in. sheet. The table below gives the price for each sheet of plywood from a Home depot store on 1/15/04.
Thickness Cost for a 4 ft x 8 ft Sheet
1/8 in. $9.15
1/4 in. 13.05
3/8 in. 14.99
1/2 in. 17.88
5/8 in. 19.13
3/4 in. 21.36
1 in. 28.49
1. What is the combined price for a 1/2 -in. sheet and a 5/8 -in. sheet?
2. What is the combined price for a 3/8-in. sheet and a 3/4 -in. sheet?
3. What other combination of sheets of plywood yields the needed 1 1/8 -in. thickness?
4. Of the four combinations, which is most economical?
5. The kitchen is to be 12 ft x 12 ft. Find the total cost of the plywood you have suggested in question 4.
Solve the following applications.
30. Statistics. Robin ran mi on Sunday, mi on Tuesday, and mi on Friday. How far did she run during the week?
14. Business and finance. Julio works as a quality control expert in a beverage factory. The assembly line that he monitors produces about 20,000 bottles in a 24-hour period. Julio samples about 120 bottles an hour and rejects the line if he finds more than of the sample to be defective. About how many defective bottles should Julio allow before rejecting the entire line?
16. Business and finance. Lunch meat sells for about $3 per pound. You use about pound per day for sandwiches. How much should you budget for lunch meat over the next month (about 20 workdays)?
Estimate the following products or quotients.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:04 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file for detailed solution.
18. The ...
The solution is a comprehensive explanations of fraction and improper number calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Basic Mathematical problems (Algebra) Help
Attached you will find the problems to be completed.
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers.
1. List the factors of each of the following numbers. 66
Use the following list of numbers for exercise: 0, 1, 15, 19, 23, 31, 49, 55, 59, 87, 91, 97, 103, 105
14. Which of the given numbers are composite?
16. List all the prime numbers between 55 and 75.
22. Social science. Dr. Mento has a class of 80 students. For a group project, she wants to divide the students into groups of 6, 8, or 10. Is this possible? Explain your answer.
Find the prime factorization of each number: 330
24. Find two factors of 28 with a sum of 11.
Find the greatest common factor for each of the following groups of numbers. 36, 72, and 144
18. Business and finance. At lunch, 5 people out of a group of 9 had hamburgers. What fraction names the part of the group who had hamburgers? What fraction names the part who did not have hamburgers?
Change to a mixed or whole number. 58/7
Change to an improper fraction. 13 2/5
14. Statistics. Jeff Bagwell of the Houston Astros has 104 hits in 325 times at bat. Matt Williams of the Arizona Diamondbacks has 88 hits in 275 times at bat. Do they have the same batting average?
Write each fraction in simplest form. 17/51, 42/55
Multiply. Be sure to write each answer in simplest form.
Evaluate the following. Be sure to use the proper units.
Read the article below and use the information you find there to answer the questions that follow.
A bill is sent to the President of the United States when it has passed both houses of congress. A majority vote in both the House of Representatives (435 members) and the
Senate (100 members) is needed for the bill to be passed on to the President. The majority vote is a majority of the members present, as long as more than one-half of all the members are present. More than one-half of the members make up what is called a quorum. Once the bill comes to him, the President may either sign the bill, making it a law, or he can veto the bill. His veto sends the bill back to Congress. Congress can still make the bill a law by overriding the Presidential veto. To over ride the veto, 2/3 of the members of each legislative body must vote to override it. Again, this is 2/3 of a quorum of members.
1. Assume that 420 members of the House are available to vote. How many votes are necessary to make up a majority, which is anything over 1/2?
2. If 90 members of the Senate are available to vote, how many votes would constitute a majority?
3. How many votes from a group of 420 members of the House would be necessary to overturn a veto?
4. How many votes from a group of 90 members of the Senate would be necessary to overturn a veto?
46. Business and finance. A piece of land measures 3 3/4 acres and is for sale at $60,000. What is the price per acre?
54. Crafts. Evette has 41 1/2 ft of string. She wants to cut it into pieces 3 3/4 ft long. How many pieces of string will she have? How much string remains, if any?
28. Science and medicine. A computer can execute 36 instructions per microsecond. How many instructions can it execute in 4 min?View Full Posting Details