I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. (problems will be used as guide for problems I must complete on asignment)
Please see attached file for full problem description.
For the decimal 8.57932:
(2). What is the place value of 5?
(4). What is the place value of 2?
Write each of the following as a common fraction or mixed number.
34. Arrange in order from smallest to largest.
72. Lula wants to round 76.24491 to the nearest hundredth. She first rounds 76.24491 to 76.245 and then rounds 76.245 to 76.25 and claims that this is the final answer. What is wrong with this approach?
48. Add thirty-eight and nine tenths, five and fifty-eight hundredths, seven, and fifteen and eight tenths.
58. Geometry. Find the perimeter of the figure given below.
Measurements of this figure's sides are: 10.5 ft, 6.3ft, 3.2ft, 7.4ft, 5.8ft
32. Business and finance. Claudia earns $6.40 per hour (h). For overtime (each hour over 40 h) she earns $9.60. If she works 48.5 h in a week, what pay should she receive?
68. Business and finance. To find the simple interest on a loan for 1 year at 12.5%, multiply the amount of the loan by 0.125. What simple interest will you pay on a loan of $1,458 at 12.5% for 1 year?
70. Business and finance. In a bottling company, a machine can fill a 2-liter (L) bottle in 0.5 second (s) and move the next bottle into place in 0.1 s. How many 2-L bottles can be filled by the machine in 2 h?
Find the circumference of each figure. Use 3.14 for pi and round your answer to one decimal place.
30. Crafts. A circular coffee table has a diameter of 5 ft. What will it cost to have the top refinished if the company charges $3 per square foot for the refinishing?
38. Construction. An A-frame cabin has a triangular front with a base of 30 ft and a height of 20 ft. If the front is to be glass that costs $3 per square foot, what will the glass cost?
44. The distance from Philadelphia to Sea Isle City is 100 mi. A car was driven this distance using tires with a radius of 14 in. How many revolutions of each tire occurred on the trip?
52. Business and finance. Seven employees of an office donated a total of $172.06 during a charity drive. What was the average donation?
74. Four brands of soap are available in a local store. Compute the unit price and decide which brand is the best buy.
Find the decimal equivalents for each of the following mixed numbers.
36. Statistics. The following table gives the free throws attempted (FTA) and the free throws made (FTM) for the top five players in the NBA for a recent season. Calculate the free throw percentage for each player by writing the FTM over the FTA and converting this fraction to a decimal.
Every fraction has a decimal equivalent that either terminates (for example, ) or repeats (for example, ). I need to discover which fractions have terminating decimals and which have repeating decimals. You may assume that the numerator of each fraction you consider is and focus your attention on the denominator. As you complete the table below, you will find that the key to this question lies with the prime factorization of the denominator.
Write each of the following as a common fraction or mixed number. Write your answer in lowest terms.
Complete each of the following statements, using the symbol < or >.
34. Statistics. The following table gives the winning percentages of the top five coaches in NFL history. What fraction of his games has each coach won?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:09 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution is comprised of detailed explanations of various algebra problems on decimal and fraction. It also shows the calculation of area of different shapes, such as circle, parallelogram, and rectangle.