Total of 29 problems that look like these
What is the degree of f(x) =3x^6 +4x^2 +x - 1
What is the leading coefficient of f(x) = 3x^6 +x^2 +x - 1
Write a polynomial in simplest form with roots 5i and -5i
Solve (x - 1)(x - 2) ? 0
x - 3
1) One hundred stones are placed on the ground 3 feet apart, the first being 3 feet from a basket. If the basket and all of the stones are in a straight line, how far does a person travel who starts from the basket and brings the stones to it one by one?
2) 55 Freshman were interviewed about the classes they were taking this
Please show work/explain answer. Not sure how to approach this question. Help please.
12) Find the average rate of change of the function: f(x) = (x + 1)2 between x = a and x = a + h
Cannot figure out how to factor this equation to find zeros. Please help.
23) Show that x = 3 is a zero for x3 ? x2 ? 11x + 15,
Please help with the following posting. Provide step by step calculations for each.
Your Grandfather purchased a house for $55,000 in 1952 and it has increased
in value according to a function y = v(x), where x is the number of years owned.
These questions probe the future value of the house under various mathematical mode
1.) If f(x) = x^3 + 3x^2 - 1, which of these is true?
I. f has domain all real numbers
II. f is a 1-1 function
III. f is onto the set of real numbers
a. Only one (could be any one
b. I and II
c. II and II
d. I and II
e. All three
2) solve e^x +2x =7
3) If log 3 = 1.4 and log5 = 3.6, find log 45
4) Find t
I'm having trouble writing equations for word problems. I would like help in figuring out how to set up the right equations in order to find solutions to the following problems:
1) Marlene rides her bicycle to her friend Jonâ's house and returns home by the same route. Marlene rides her bike at constant speeds of 6 mph on l
#2. if cos (theta) = -.65, then cos(-theta) = _______
#8. find sin (theta), cot (theta) = -(1/3), (theta) in quadrant IV
#26 find the remaining five trigonometric functions of (theta), cos (theta) = (1/5), (theta) in quadrant I
#56 write each expression in terms of sine and cosine, and simplify so that no quotients appea