Explain the four steps for solvingquadraticequations? Can any of the steps be eliminated? Can any of the steps be changed? Would you add any steps to make it easier, or to make it easier to understand?
1. There are four different methods to solve quadraticequations.
(a) List all 4 methods.
(b) Explain and give an example of 3 of those methods.
(c) Explain which method is preferred and why.
2. Solve the following problems.
a) Solve by using the even-root property.
3x - 5 = 16
b) Solve by using the follo
1. Give an example of a linear function and show at least one method of graphing it. By looking at the graph of a line, how can you tell if its slope is negative? What kind of line has a slope of zero and why?
2. Give an example of quadratic function and show at least one method of graphing it
#12 solve each equation by using the quadratic formula (what is this quadratic formula? Don't understand how this is done)
M^2 + 2m = 8
#20 Solve each equation by using the quadratic formula
4 + 20x = 25x^2
#28 solve each equation by using the quadratic formula
2y^2 + 1 = 2y
#42 Number solutions. Find b
1. a. Solve
b. Find the x-intercepts of
2. Determine the nature of the solutions of the equation
3. Find and label the vertex and the line of symmetry. Graph the function
4. The width of a rectangle is 3 ft less than the length. The area is 4 ft . Find the length and the width.
5. For the scatter