Please refer to the attachment to view all the questions.
A discount store sold plastic cups for $3.50 each and ceramic cups for $4 each. If 400 cups were sold for a total of $1,458, how many cups of each type were sold? What was the dollar value of each type of cup sold?
Lashonna Harris is a buyer for Plough. She can purchase 100 pounds of chemicals for $97. At this same rate, how much would 2,000 pounds of chemical cost?
Last week at a festival, a man sold 3 times as many tie-dyed T-shirts as silk-screened shirts. He sold 200 shirts altogether. How many tie-dyed shirts did he sell?
A man ordered 4 times as many boxes of ballpoint pens as boxes of felt-tip pens. Ball point pens cost $4.44 per box, and felt-tip pens cost $3.41. If the man's order of pens totaled $63.51, how many boxes of each type of pens did he buy?
How many boxes of felt-tip pens did he buy?
A company purchased $10,000 pair of men slacks for $18.76 per pair and marked them up $22.33. What was the selling price of each pair of slacks? Use the formula S=C+M.
A company sold bird feeder for $72.27 and had marked them up $36.92. What was the cost of the feeders? Use the formula S=C+M.
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of algebra word problems which are taken from Unit 2. The complete step by step process is shown to make it easier for the student to understand. Grab the solution to enjoy the fun of learning Algebra.
Algebra : Solving Equations and Word Problems
1. Solve by factoring:
x^2 - 9x = -8
2. Solve using the square root property:
2x^2 - 5 = 93
3. Solve using the square root property:
(x + 4)^2 = 81
4. Solve by completing the square:
x^2 + 6x + 2 = 0
5. Solve using the quadratic formula:
x^2 - 3x = -6x - 1
6. Solve using the quadratic formula:
x^2 - 10x - 1 = -10
7. Solve the equation.
y^2 - 13 y + 22 = 0
8. Write the equation x(x - 6) + 5 = 0 in quadratic form and then solve it by factoring.
9. Write the equation 6 x(x - 3) = - 12 in quadratic form and then solve it by factoring.
10. Choose from the following a quadratic equation with solutions of 9 and 6.
x^2 - 15x + 54 = 0
x^2 - 18x + 51 = 0
x^2 - 15x + 57 = 0
x^2 - 12x + 54 = 0
11. The height h (in feet) of an object that is dropped from the height of s feet is given by the formula h = s - 16t 2 , where t is the time the object has been falling. A 6 foot tall woman on a sidewalk looks directly overhead and sees a window washer drop a bottle from the 2 story. How long does she have to get out of the way? Round to the nearest tenth. (A story is 12 feet.) Choose the answer from the following:
12. Use the quadratic formula to solve the equation: x 2 - 3 x + 2 = 0.
13. Use the quadratic formula to solve the equation: 4x^2 - 30x = 1
14. The hypotenuse of a right triangle is 2.7 units long. The longer leg is 1.4 units longer than the shorter leg. Find the lengths of the sides of the triangle.
15. We have learned to solve quadratic equations using a variety of methods including completing the square and the quadratic formula. Give an example using either completing the square or the quadratic formula and explain each step as if you were teaching someone who had never used the method before.View Full Posting Details