1. Find the quotient of 10 and 2 added to the product of 20 and 2.
2. The formula N=0.07x + 4.1 models the number of women, N, in millions, enrolled in U.S. colleges x years after 1984. How many years after 1984 is the projected enrollment for women expected to reach 6.2 million? In which year is this expected?
3.The optimum heart rate that a person should achieve during exercise for the exercise to be most beneficial is modeled by r =0.6(220-a), where a represents a person's age and r represents that person's optimum heart rate, in beats per minute. If the optimum heart rate is 120 beats per minute, how old is that person?
4. Describe the number line graph of the following inequality: x ≤-3
5. The length of a rectangular parking lot is 10 yards less than twice its width. If the perimeter of the lot is 400 yards, what are its dimensions?
6. To pass a course, you must have a final average of at least 60%. If a student scores 42 and 74 on the first two tests, what must be earned on the third test to pass the course?
7. A rectangular field is three times as long as it is wide. If the perimeter of the field is 400 yards, what are the field's dimensions?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 19, 2018, 9:05 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Quotient of 10 and 2 = 10/2 = 5
Product of 20 and 2 = 20 x 2 = 40
Quotient of 10 and 2 added to the product of 20 and 2= 40+5=45
2. N=0.07x + 4.1 (N in millions)
N = 6.2
x = (6.2-4.1)/0.07 = 30
Hence, 30 years after 1984 the projected enrollment for women is expected to reach 6.2 million. In the year 2014, (1984+30), this is expected.
3. r =0.6(220-a), where a represents a person's age and r represents that person's optimum heart rate (in beats per minute).
r = 120
Therefore, 120 = 0.6(220-a)
Or, 220-a= 120/0.6 = ...
This solution is comprised of detailed step-by-step calculations and explanation of the given problems and provides students with a clear perspective of the underlying concepts.