Search the Internet to find two websites that promote community involvement in the prevention of juvenile delinquency. Provide the hyperlinks to these sites and a brief explanation of each.
1. What are their beliefs? Are they appealing to youths and/or adults?
2. Is the program linked to a school? What does the program entail?
3. How effective do you think the program will be, or how effective has it been?
4. Did the program neglect an aspect of prevention you believe is important?
5. Do the organizations have separate programs for males and females? Abused children? Children in gangs? Drug abusers?
6. If not, propose programs devoted to these problems to be incorporated within the organizations. Be specific about the program details.
Please help me locate two relevant websites and provide guidance for these questions. Thank you.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 18, 2018, 4:06 am ad1c9bdddf
Please see response attached for activer links, including one supporting article.
Website One: CFS Catholic Family Services of Saskatoon (http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/fast.html).
1. Provide the hyperlinks to these sites and a brief explanation of each.
Click on the website http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/index.html and see the hyperlinks on the left hand side of the website and click on the hyperlinks (e.g. About CFS, Counselling Services, Family Education and wellness programs, Family to Family Ties,
Employee, Family Assistance Program, and so on). Give a brief description of each.
The hyperlink "About CFS" states the organization's Mission and Guiding Principles and Beliefs http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/about.html
The hyperlink "Counselling Services" provided a list of the various counselling services provided by the organization http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/counsel.html
The hyperlink "Family Education and Wellness Programs" provides a variety of information, such as educational handouts and program descriptions http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/famed.html
And so on...
2. What are their beliefs? Are they appealing to youths and/or adults? Is the program linked to a school?
They believe that each person is an integral part of society, has a right to be treated with justice and respect, who possesses
strengths, dignity and intrinsic value; and has the right to make their own choices. They believe that the family unit is a basic unit of society. the basic intervention needs to be at the individual, family, community and society level. http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/about.html
They believe that juvenile delinquency is linked to such risk factors as a break down in the family and school relationship, school failure and substance abuse. Thus, the program is aimed at family and school interventions. Families who are invited to F&ST may be struggling with issues such as isolation, behavioral concerns of their children or may simply be new to the school community. The belief is that if the family relationships are strengthened, as well as both the child and parent's connection to the school, it will decrease problem behavior in the youth. In other words, as relationships develop amongst the families then the community connections are also strengthened resulting in healthy and contributing members of the community.http://www.cfssaskatoon.sk.ca/fast.html
3. What does the program ...
By responding to the questions, this solution assists in evaluating two websites that promote community involvement in the prevention of juvenile delinquency.