Present your views on the statement that "it is the job of the police to catch criminals, and they know from experience who is likely to be an offender." Specifically examine racial profiling in your response.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:46 am ad1c9bdddf
It is the job of the police to respond to criminal behavior witnessed by society or by police and to arrest those suspected of engaging in criminal activity, but it is not the job of police to be the judge, jury, and executioner. Police are only supposed to be the first arm of the justice system only responsible for arresting those either witnessed or suspected with probable cause of engaging in criminal behavior that is unlawful. The ...
This solution argues against racial profiling and against the reasons proponents of the pracitice give for its usage.
Racial profiling in the war on terrorism
Please assist with information and sources so I can research and compile a paper concerning the questions and Title below.
"Racial profiling in the war on terrorism"
1. Give a concise introduction to the topic and state the thesis of the paper.
2. Give a thorough analysis of the ethical implications on the chosen topic.
3. Give a thorough analysis of the homeland security implications on the chosen topic.
4. Give a final analysis of the topic, drawing on the stated ethical and homeland security implications, justifying/not justifying its use through the Just War Theory (this should be as objective as possible - it is not an opinion piece).
5. Give a final conclusion drawing together all research and analysis.