Choosing 2 out of the 5 questions below, provide an essay discussion that follows APA guidelines.
1. The sixties was a decade of change. It started off with great optimism and ended in disillusionment. Describe the social attitudes of the late 50's early 60's and the emergence of the various reform groups which challenged the status quo. (Obviously one cannot include all the reform groups of the 60's but a good answer should include Civil Rights, Femiinists, anti-War and student protestors.) Discuss the ways these reform movements changed over the decade.
2. Historians agree that most presidents are either good ar foreign affairs or domestic issues, but rarely are good at both. Prove or disprove this answer by analyzing the presidency of TWO latter 20th century presidents: Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan or Clinton.
3. Evaluate the New Deal. Discuss its impact on business, labor,and minorities. Was it radical? Did it achieve its goals of reform, recovery, and relief? What is its lasting impact?
4. Was the Cold War inevitable? Discuss the long term causes as well as the initial incidents that triggered the Cold War. Include differences between the U.S. and the Soviet Union before WWII, during and after. Include the Polish debate, the Truman Doctrine, the Marshall Plan, the Berlin Crisis, containment, monolithic theory and the domino theory. Focus on the time frame 1945-1955.
5. Discuss the ways that WWII has been a watershed mark for U.S. History in the 20th century. The bombs that fell on Pearl harbor are the seeds of today's America. Include the emergence of the Military-Industrial complex, the growth of big government, the impact on minorities (especially women, African-Americans), the end of isolationism, and America's affluence.
The solution discusses segments in American History.