I need some help writing an essay on the struggle between Bismarck and the Catholic Church, here is the essay outline:
2. The Appointment of Prince Regent Prince Wilhelm and Bismarck as the Prime Minster and Foreign Minister of Prussia
3. Obstructions for Unification of Germany
4. Extensive Authority of the Pope in Germany
5. Open Struggle Against Catholics in Prussia
6. May Laws, oppression of Church and reaction of Pope against the Policies of Bismarck
7. Formation of Center Party by Catholics under the leadership of Windthorst
8. Support of Conservatives to Catholics and halt of Anti-Catholic policies of Bismarck
9. Found a New Enemy: The Socialists
The history of the Church is filled with conflicts with Church and state over secular and ecclesiastical privileges. The Protestant Reformation and Enlightenment brought about the tyranny of the monarchs and quelling of the aspirations of the democratic people.
In Prussia, a new age began with the crowning of Prince Wilhelm I as Prince regent in place of his mentally incapacitated brother Frederick William IV. As the head of the state, he had a boiling dispute with the Prussian Parliament, Landtag over the military reforms. In order to solve this long-standing issue, he had appointed Ottoman Bismarck as the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Prussia. Later he became the First Chancellor of Germany.
The crown gave Bismarck authority to deal firmly with the Landtag. Bismarck became the most reputed and dreaded statesman of his period. That is why he was known as the "Iron Chancellor." His only aim was the unification of Germany. There are several obstructions before Bismarck to achieve this objective. One of the main impediments was the Catholic population in Germany. Bismarck had suspicions about the allegiance of the Catholics towards the nation. Bismarck had also ...
This solution of 767 words is about the struggle between the Catholic Church and Bismarck when he was the Chancellor of Germany. References used are included.