How does Kabat-Zinn define meditation? In what ways are medicine and meditation similar? Ideas are presented.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:35 pm ad1c9bdddf
If you want a good article about Kabat-Zinn's thoughts on meditation, check out the following link:
http://www.newagejournal.com/jkzmed.shtml. It's a very good article and easy to follow.
Essentially, Kabat-Zinn believes that meditation is best thought of as a way of being, rather than a technique or a collection of techniques. Or as he says, meditation is a way of knowing or a way of loving. There are techniques associated with it, of course, but ...
Meditation and medicine are compared.
Article for reference:
Chong, O. (2006). An integrative approach to addressing clinical issues in
complementary and alternative medicine in an Outpatient Oncology Center. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 10(1), 83-89.
Critique the Chong article and prepare an APA style-referenced four to five-page response to the following questions:
- Summarize in your own words the National Institutes of Health (NIH) definition of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
- Provide reasons for nondisclosure of CAM use among patients.
- What are the reasons for using CAM among patients? Justify your answer using examples and reasoning.
- What is the role of the clinical nurse practitioner?
- Review at least one additional scholarly research article that supports or refutes the claims made in the Chong article.
- Compare and contrast the results discussed in each article.