With your young son, Danny, you are visiting a friend at her home. Danny has been playing with a toy truck on the floor, which he now pushed down the hallway into the bathroom. You start to get up to bring him back but your friend says, "That's okay, there's nothing in there he can get into." With normal curiosity of a child, however, Danny starts looking in the bathroom drawers and soon finds a bottle of what looks to him like little candy mints. He puts a handful in his mouth-they don't taste like mint but he chews and swallows them anyway. You see pills spilled on the floor when you walk into the bathroom. He admits he ate "some" pills. What do you do?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 22, 2019, 1:19 am ad1c9bdddf
Since Danny admits he ate "some pills" I would call the Poison Control Center (800-222-1222) and follow their directions. I would also remove Danny from the source of poisoning, being careful to ask my friend to pick up the ...
This solution provides first aid steps for dealing with poisoning.