A two-paragraph statement that details the highlights of the development of public health in the U.S. Once this statement has been developed, assess whether or not the structure of organized public health systems in the U.S. appropriately matches the current state of public health. Support your position.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:04 am ad1c9bdddf
Public health has come a long way and is still growing and changing. It basically started out as a sanitation service to fight disease caused by unsanitary conditions. Now, in the 21st century, the function is endless. From pushing policy on car seat and seat belt restraints to limiting environmental hazards, public health fights more than illness and injury caused by disease.
Previous focus had been on populations as a whole. In more recent years, this "one size fits all" idea has been set aside ...
This solution provides a brief historical overview of the public health field discussing shifts in focus. Ideas are suggested for determining whether the structure is meeting the current state of US public health issues.
Public health and the maintenance of the same is integral to any developed nation. To that end, in the United States, federal, state, and local agencies must work to establish guidelines, rules, and requirements that provide baselines to protect the health of the public at large. I need to answer the following questions in a presentation of 2-3 pages, and provide properly cited sources to support it:
• How is public health defined?
• Why should the government be charged with the management of public health?
• On the federal level, how does the Center for Disease Control (CDC) monitor and manage public health?
• How do departments of health on the state and the local level contribute to the maintenance and management of public health?
• Are public health agencies on the federal, state and local level successful in ensuring that public health is maintained?
I have secured a fellowship with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), working as a public health analyst. One of the duties for this position is to "Identify public health policy needs and coordinate the preparation of strategies and proposals in response to those needs to promote the achievement of public health goals." I Have to include the following in a report:
• Identify 1 subpopulation of southeastern United States (infants, African-Americans, Hispanic women, etc.).
• Describe the 5 most important health concerns for the subpopulation, including justification for your choices.
• Describe the most recent state or federal policy aimed at assisting this subpopulation's health needs and concerns.
I need this delivered in the length of about 5-7 pages