I would like some help getting strated on this:
Thanks in advance.
- Identify the distribution of national health spending by type of financing source.
- Identify the distribution of health insurance coverage among the U.S. population.
- Discuss the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act on insurance coverage.
- Discuss the origin of employment-based health insurance.
- Explain the difference between fully-insured and self-insured health plans.
1) Identify the distribution of national health spending by type of financing source.
Here is the link for a national census on this topic: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0135.pdf
It demonstrates that most of health costs are paid by health insurance, and the second largest sources is actually out-of-pocket (the patient pays for it themselves). It also shows what type of health insurances are responsible for the funds, with private health insurance providing about half of the funds, followed by Medicare and Medicaid.
2) Identify the distribution of health insurance coverage among the US population.
The link for the section above would contribute to answering this question as well (most insurance is private insurance, followed by Medicare and Medicaid). Furthermore, here is a link that directly answers this question: http://www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/p60-243.pdf
It is the 2011 US census on poverty and health insurance. On page 23, it lists the exact percentages of people owning different types of coverage. People having only private insurance, not offered through work, is 52%, while people having insurance provided through their work (which may have bought a private coverage plan) is 45%. Medicare alone is ...
National healthcare spending is examined. The impact of the patient protection and Affordable Care Act on insurance coverage are determined.
Anaylze Health Care Spending
Health Care Spending
ï?· Resource: Health Care Spending Paper grading criteria on the student website.
ï?· explain your position on national health care spending in the United States. Include information on the following:
o The level of current national health care expenditures
o Whether the spending is too much or not enough
o Where the nation should add or cut, and why
o How the publicâ??s health care needs are paid for, such as being financed by various payers, while indicating the percent of total expenditures they represent
ï?· Provide a forecast of the following:
o The future economic needs of the health care system
o Why these needs must be addressed
o How you envision these needs will be financed