Health Care Information Systems are important in dispensing of information throughout the organization. Address health care technology that has become essential to the sharing of information via electronic communication mediums (i.e., EMR, Telehealth, HMR, etc.).
- Explain each part of the key components.
- Explain each part of contributing factors.
- Provide examples of ways to measure each part.
Please include references
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Digital version of a paper chart
- EMR contains patient's medical history from one practice
- EHR are designed to contain and share information from all providers involved in a patient's care
o Allow a patient's health record to move with them to other health care providers, specialists, hospitals, nursing homes, etc.
- Used for diagnosis and treatment
- Single most important goal is to improve patient safety
- Improve patient quality of care
- Advantages over paper charts because:
o Track data over time
o Monitor patient changes over time
o Help schedule patients due for follow up visits
o Legible and complete documentation ...
Healthcare information systems are examined.