Investment Potential in Healthcare
Your brother-in-law, Representative Howard Hughes, lost his bid for reelection. However, thanks to your efforts, he established himself while in Congress as an astute analyst of the health field and as a consequence, has taken a position as partner at the prestigious Atlanta investment firm of Keller, Keller, Keller, Keller, and Disher. You have decided to take him up on his offer to join him as a manager in the healthcare division.
The other partners have little insight into healthcare other than receiving care. Your brother-in-law has been asked to give a presentation on the current status of the health sector and opportunities for investment.
Your job is to provide him with information on the healthcare industry. Key interest items are in the below questions. To be effective, detail needs to be specific, complete with sufficient depth and detail.
The paper must answer the following questions:
* How is the role of government likely to change?
* Will government be more or less involved in the health sector?
* What impact will increased government involvement have on healthcare as a business opportunity?
* Where do you see a potential for growth in the health sector?
* What opportunities would make for wise investments (e.g., hospitals, home health, mental health, rehabilitation services, managed care, physician group practice management, etc.)?
* Is technology a good investment risk? If yes, what sort or types of technologies are likely to be in great demand, assuming a national shift to integrated delivery system model and a focus on prevention along with treatment?