Personal Health Assessment Paper
1. Identify which three of the six dimensions of health are your strongest.
2. Describe why you feel the identified three dimensions are your strongest areas.
3. Choose one of the three remaining dimensions you feel needs improvement. Briefly discuss why that dimension is important for you to address at this time.
4. Discuss personal choices you could make and habits you could change to improve your health in the domain you identified as a needs improvement area.
5. Discuss what you want to learn in this course to help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
6. While you must be specific in your discussion of your health choices and habits, avoid discussing anything that is of a deeply personal nature.
Use APA formatting and references where appropriate. (Health assessment paper may be written in first person) With the input of two references; no more than 30% of the paper can be referenced information.
It is very important to find healthy ways to manage life stress. When stress is managed positively, the individual is able to get back to normal, put her life back on track and start from where she left off at. Meaning the individual is able to adjust. With that said, some stressors affecting health are:
a. Physical-such as lack of proper nutrition. This factor can be minimized by educating oneself about proper nutrition and eating properly.
b. Psychological-can be emotional traumas such as grief-strategies to minimize this factor include accepting your own limitations or speaking with someone you trust or with a professional mental health clinician
c. Spiritual-occurs when the person does not have an outlet for releasing negative energy or the person has no outlet for positive energy. This strategy can be minimize by learning to live with a purpose and by using stress reduction techniques such as meditation, prayer, and yoga.
d. Social-can be a result of feeling rejected by one's peer or not "fitting in." To minimize social stressor, learning to develop positive social relationships with others who fit our standards can very helpful.
e. Intellectual-sometimes individuals may feel stagnated in life because there is no higher learning taking place, and also intellectual requirements can involve requirements from institutions such as employment which can be quite stressful. ...
There are many areas of personal health assessment. This solution discusses various personal health choices.