I am in the hospital and having a hard time concentrating on this assignment and could use some help with it. Attached is the first part of the plan already done. Please include any references you use. The organization is a made up one so I have been going on the models of other Assisted living homes.
Complete an environmental scan for the health care organization you chose in Week Two.Use the SWOT Analysis table, below
- Assess the organization's internal strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyze the industry for opportunities and threats.
- Perform a gap analysis. A SWOT analysis helps determine performance gaps. It includes the following components: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats
- Describe the organization's present and prospective customers.
- Consider the following external factors: Consumer and social, Competitive, Technological, Economic, Legal and regulatory
Submit the SWOT analysis as a Microsoft® Excel® attachment.
- Explain why an environmental analysis is important in the development of your strategic plan by answering the following questions:
- What is the purpose of environmental analysis?
- What are the implications of environmental analysis in the creation of your strategic plan?
- What are the major benefits of competitive analysis as part of your strategic planning process?
- What evolving economic, legal, and regulatory issues may potentially have an effect on your strategic plan?
- Based on your SWOT analysis, provide an assessment of your chosen organization in which you include the following:
- The organization's ability to accomplish its mission, goals, and objectives as set in previous strategic plans
- The organization's ability to respond to internal and external changes and challenges
- Incorporate your SWOT analysis findings into clearly stated goals and objectives for a 3- to 5-year period, focusing on your strategic plan areas.
- You will have two to three goals for each year, with two to three measurable objectives for each goal.
- Goals may span several years.
- Outline your goals and objectives clearly and provide a narrative explanation for each.
I think you have a nice start to your project, considering the size of requirements. I'm attaching a file that I did for a project during my doctoral course work. It is a SWOT analysis on a proposed program. It was originally in an Excel file, but the file was too large for BrainMass so I saved in in a Word document. I'm going to focus mainly on the SWOT since this will direct a good portion of your project.
If we look at the U.S. Census Bureau stats for Oro Valley (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/04/0451600.html), we find that 26.1% of the population is aged 65 or older. Using the 2012 estimated population of 41,388, this would equate to nearly 11,000 senior citizens. You might want to take a look at senior housing trends prepared by ALFA (http://www.alfa.org/News/3200/Housing-Fundamentals-and-Trends-in-Senior-Housing). These statistics can ...
This solution gives an example of a SWOT analysis and discusses how mission/value statements, goals, and objectives are related to the SWOT analysis and how they ultimately guide the strategic plan.