Use the following outline to type an â??executive summaryâ?? of article.
1. The main idea of this article is ____________________________________.
2. The most important information in this article is _________________________.
(Figure out the facts, experiences, data the author is using to support the conclusions)
3. The main inferences/conclusions in this article are ________________________.
4. The strengths and weaknesses of the methods used are _____________________.
5. If we take this line of reasoning seriously, the implications are _______________.
6. Full citation; (for example: Smith ED, Jones IM. The importance of research. J American Research. 2008; 23(3): 123-8.)
1. The main idea of the article is:
- consumption of coffee is associated with reduced risk of Parkinson's disease. However, while men that regularly consume caffeine have shown a reduction in incidence of PD, the same effect has not been found in studies involving women.
- it is hypothesized that the competitive inhibitory effects of estrogen on caffeine metabolism may impede the neuroprotective effects of caffeine
2. The most important information in this article is:
- in this study, postmenopausal women taking estrogen replacement therapy who consumed caffeinated coffee were not found to have a significant association to reduction of PD death.
- among postmenopausal women that did not use estrogen replacement therapy, there was found to be a relationship between caffeine consumption and reduction of PD.
- men who regularly drank coffee had lower risk of PD compared to ...
Summary outline help is modeled for the article.