Research one of the diseases covered in this lesson and write a paper (750 words) in APA format comparing that disease 50-75 years ago to today.
Tuberculosis, MDR-TB, XDR-TB,
Discuss the following:
1. Treatment options: what was available 50-75 years ago and what's available now?
2. Patient population affected: who was most at risk? Has that changed? In your region, what are the populations most at risk of contracting this disease now?
3. Prevalence of disease: what is the incidence of this disease: regionally, nationally and internationally? Has this changed over time?
4. Where do we go from here?
Hello, this should be a good start to your assignment. The references I provided will need to be formatted to your teachers specifications. The second part of the second question I left for you to answer. This is about 550 words, so you shouldn't need to add too much.
Measles was first identified in the 1700s by a Scottish physician who identified the pathogen within blood specimens of infected patients. It wasn't until 1963 that a vaccine was developed for this deadly disease. The vaccine was created in response to an alarming 6,000 deaths per year for a decade. At the time of vaccination development, it was estimated that three to four million people were infected. In 1978, the Centers for Disease Control set its goal to completely eradicate measles. Although the goal was not achieved, by 1981 the incidence had decreased by 80%, and continued to decline for several more years. ( 1st CDC.gov reference)
Measles is a highly contagious disease that is viral in nature. It is most common in children, and is spread by close physical ...
This is a summary of the history of measles, past and current treatments as well as incidence statistics.
Measles Isolation Precaution Policy
Create an infection control policy and procedure for staff and/or life support equipment in the midst of an infectious disease crisis. Include:
- Isolation requirements for the specific organism,
- Sterilization requirements for the equipment,
- Staffing requirements (ex: one-to-one RT: patient staffing)
- PPE requirements
- Requirements for reporting to management, risk management, and infection control departments.
At the end of your policy, include a paragraph describing how you would implement your policy.
Use at least 3 sources in your creation of the policy and procedure; one may be from the institution from where you work. Use APA format for the references list.View Full Posting Details