Based on Healthy People 2020: "for each birth cohort vaccinated with the routine immunization schedule (this includes DTap, Td, Hib, Polio, MMR, Hep B, and varicella vaccines), society: saves 33,000 lives, prevents 14 mil cases of disease, reduces direct health care costs by $9.9 billion, and saves $33.4 billion in indirect costs. Despite progress, approximately 42,000 adults and 300 children in the United States die each year from vaccine-preventable diseases." (http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/overview.aspx?topicid=23)
The Impact of the Environment on Health:
From the reading, each student will pick an environmental hazard (flight outbreak) and explain the hazard and its effect on health. In conclusion, the student will discuss community and governmental regulations for addressing this environmental hazard. Example: the effect of population growth on health or occupational safety and the governmental regulations that industry must follow.
Articles with an outbreak in US:
Measles outbreaks in US and in the world:
Japan National data on measles
Measles are a highly contagious disease brought on by a virulent virus that produces a total body skin rash, fever, cough and other flu-like symptoms (Dowshen, 2008). The hazards associated with this highly contagious disease are many. For example, a person could be a carrier of the disease without any visible signs the diseases presence. By the time anyone could recognize the presence of the virus, hundreds of people could be infected, and a potential widespread outbreak would be near impossible to stop.
A Case Report
This 327 word discussion provides 2 quality references. It covers the environmental impact of measles and other communicable diseases on society. It outlines the importance of vaccination and provides examples of how easily disease can spread.
Environmental Green Accounting at Apple Corps Ltd.
Strategic Management Accounting
Goal: detailed analysis on Environmental Green Accounting development in accounting information and strategy.
Selected: Apple Corps Ltd.
1) Please introduce Apple, highlights its definition of Green Accounting, and presents a chronology of key events in its development of its Green Accounting approach.
2) Why Did Apple Decide to Address Green Accounting? Please discuss Apple's management commitment to Green Accounting and its relationship to Apple Design for the Environment (DfE) and quality programs.
3) How Did Apple Initiate Its Green Accounting Project? Please describe Apple's use of a multi-functional team to develop Green Accounting.
4) How Did Apple Green Accounting Team Gather Information? Please summarizes Apple's fact-finding visits and literature review process.
5) What Has Apple Learned after the use of environmental accounting? Please presents the key findings of Apple recent Green accounting activities
6) Apple's Self Assessment Tool. Please describe the elements comprising Apple's first environmental accounting tool.
7) Please address how Apple look ahead in terms of their Environmental accounting, Please addresses Apple's evolving agenda for future Green Accounting activities
Please provide your solutions with UK accounting standard point of view.
Information about Apple Corps Ltd could be found from below link: