I just need your opinion and input with these 2 DQs.
Hello and welcome to BrainMass today! Thank you for signing this out for me to help with!
You asked for help today with the following:
What are the most important technology skills a facilitator must have to be a successful instructor? Why are these skills important?
There are a lot of different types of technology skills that a facilitator must have to be a successful instructor. Some of the more important ones include:
- Knowing how to use a school computer system
- Having a working knowledge of word processing software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Being able to use presentation software
- Having a working knowledge of the Internet
- Knowing how to use e-mail applications
- Having a working knowledge of multimedia applications and tools such as digital cameras
- Having a working knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS) and state virtual school-specific software applications
- Knowing how to fully use synchronous and asynchronous communication tools
- Knowing how to use content-specific software and hardware
- Having a working knowledge of web browsers and standard operating systems
- Knowing how to utilize webinar software if needed for the course
- Having a working knowledge of web-based social networking and collaboration tools
- Having a working knowledge of open source tools
- Understanding the instructional design of the online course for which they are responsible
- Knowing how to revise and add course content, assignments and assessments as well as how to troubleshoot basic ...
The facilitator technology skills and types of distance learning are determined.